Greeting

Welcome to Dan's Daily Dig, a personal journey to dig into the Bible one chapter a day and grow spiritually. The goal is to read and reflect on each chapter using the following four questions:

1. What stood out to me from this chapter?
2. How does this relate to any other Scripture I know?
3. What does this mean for my life?
4. What questions do I have about this passage?

This blog is intended to provide both accountability for me to keep pressing on in this quest, and an invitation for any reader to join me any day or everyday. Simply read the selected chapter (it only takes about 5 minutes), and then respond using any or all of the four questions. It's supposed to be simple, but I hope to learn from others as well. I plan to share the blog as well on my twitter feed daily, so follow @DanBoji if you want to get the alert to the blog's posting. You can also subscribe by e-mail or another RSS feed on the right side of the screen. God's blessings.

In Christ,
Dan

Wednesday, April 8, 2015

#John2 - Can you believe it?

Click here to read John 2:

1. What stood out to me from this chapter?

After each major event John describes in this chapter, he makes a special note of all those who believe in Jesus or believe in his name. I noticed it in this chapter, but it is obviously a theme throughout the book of John. In this case, the disciples began to believe in him, early on. Then, as he performed other miracles and traveled around teaching, many people saw him and believed in him.

2. How does this relate to any other Scripture I know?

I mentioned this is a theme in the book of John, and I can think of three other specific instances where this theme of believing. John 1:7&14 both ring out the goal of the gospel of John, that people might believe in Jesus. "Yet to all who did receive him, to those who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God." Again at the end of John in chapter 20 verse 31, he clearly states his hopes for the readers of the gospel. "But these are written that you may believe that Jesus is the Messiah, the Son of God, and that by believing you may have life in his name." And the most famous of the believing verses in John 3:16, of course.

3. What does this mean for my life?

Above all else - all understanding, all striving, all education, all tasks, all "missions", all relationships, all hardships, all doubts, and all fears, I need to simply believe that Jesus is the Messiah, the Son of God, and find all life in him.

4. What questions do I have about this passage?

What is the meaning of the last two verses in this chapter? "Jesus would not entrust himself to them, for he knew all people. He did not need any testimony about mankind, for he knew what was in each person."

Those are my thoughts for this chapter. I'd love to hear yours. God's blessings to you and KEEP DIGGING IN!

In Christ,
Dan

image from http://cleo.uwindsor.ca/gata/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/seinfeld-meme-generator-you-better-believe-it-buddy-9c21d1.jpeg

No comments:

Post a Comment