Greeting

Welcome to Dan's Daily Dig, a personal journey to dig into the Bible one chapter a day and grow spiritually. The goal is to read and reflect on each chapter using the following four questions:

1. What stood out to me from this chapter?
2. How does this relate to any other Scripture I know?
3. What does this mean for my life?
4. What questions do I have about this passage?

This blog is intended to provide both accountability for me to keep pressing on in this quest, and an invitation for any reader to join me any day or everyday. Simply read the selected chapter (it only takes about 5 minutes), and then respond using any or all of the four questions. It's supposed to be simple, but I hope to learn from others as well. I plan to share the blog as well on my twitter feed daily, so follow @DanBoji if you want to get the alert to the blog's posting. You can also subscribe by e-mail or another RSS feed on the right side of the screen. God's blessings.

In Christ,
Dan

Saturday, January 3, 2015

Bible Reading Goals? Check!

Image used from www.dereklevendusky.com
Did you have a New Year's resolution to read the Bible a little bit more (or start for the first time)? Join me here at Dan's Daily Dig, where we'll read through the Bible one chapter at a time. #NewYearsResolution #biblestudy #biblereading 

Quick Background

About 3 months ago I really felt like regular Bible reading was lacking in my spiritual life, and after a fairly long stretch of not reading it consistently I decided to do a chapter a day. I'm not very good at journaling (my longest journaling stretch was 3 days), so I thought I would try a blog. That way, others could potentially join me in this quest. So here we are. Here are a few things about my blog that I've developed to help people join me.

Following Dan's Daily Dig:

There are several easy ways to stay connected to the blog. On the actual blog website, you can "subscribe" by entering your e-mail or subscribing directly to the RSS feed on the right hand side.

The blog also posts to my Facebook page and Twitter feed automatically. So if you want to get a tweet when the blog is published, just follow me on Twitter @DanBoji . 

Fun Features:

I actually read my chapter a day most often on www.BibleGateway.com , so at the beginning of each blog I link the chapter from the site so you could read it right there too. 

Each chapter as well as the blog title is also "hashtagged" on Twitter, so for example you could search for either #Matthew1 or #dansdailydig and find the posts as well. 

ADDING YOUR OWN COMMENTS is encouraged. There are several ways to join the conversation:
  1. The blog is set up so that anyone can post comments right on the blog itself. There is no need to be signed in as a "Blogger" user. 
  2. The blog will also post to my Google+ account. If you add me to your circles, you can post right on the Google+ post and it will automatically be included in the blog. 
  3. You could also share your comments right on the Facebook posts itself. 
Finally, withing the blog are "tags" or "labels". With each blog post I add a few labels based on the chapter and the content of the Bible reading. So you could search the blog using those labels as well. 

I hope this blog is a blessing to others, as it has been really good for me. 

In Christ,
Dan

No comments:

Post a Comment