Greeting

Welcome to Dan's Daily Dig, a personal journey to dig into the Bible one chapter a day and grow spiritually. The goal is to read and reflect on each chapter using the following four questions:

1. What stood out to me from this chapter?
2. How does this relate to any other Scripture I know?
3. What does this mean for my life?
4. What questions do I have about this passage?

This blog is intended to provide both accountability for me to keep pressing on in this quest, and an invitation for any reader to join me any day or everyday. Simply read the selected chapter (it only takes about 5 minutes), and then respond using any or all of the four questions. It's supposed to be simple, but I hope to learn from others as well. I plan to share the blog as well on my twitter feed daily, so follow @DanBoji if you want to get the alert to the blog's posting. You can also subscribe by e-mail or another RSS feed on the right side of the screen. God's blessings.

In Christ,
Dan

Tuesday, March 31, 2015

#Luke19 #Luke20 - Teacher of the Year

Click here to read Luke 19-20:

1. What stood out to me from this chapter?

These two chapters really display Jesus as an excellent teacher. Not only did he know his Bible, but he taught in such a way that carried not just knowledge but authority with his teaching. He commanded the respect of the teachers of the law, the Pharisees, the Sadducees, the disciples, and the crowds listening in. Even the teachers of the law complimented him with a, "Well said, teacher!" (v.39). Those who were trying to trap him in his words couldn't find anything wrong with what he said, so they just became silent. In some ways, these acknowledgements were like a unanimous vote for Jesus as "Teacher of the Year."

2. How does this relate to any other Scripture I know?

Even when the religious leaders tried to disguise themselves and catch Jesus in his words, they couldn't. Jesus saw through them right away. It reminds me a little of when the paralytic man was healed. The Pharisees were grumbling about Jesus having the power to heal and the authority to forgive sins. But he saw through them right away and called them out on it.

3. What does this mean for my life?

Don't get into a debate with Jesus...wait. :) One of the things I kept repeating to myself for this question, is that Luke 11-35 is a hard parable for me to understand. But the main thing I get out of it is that we're supposed to invest our lives for God's sake.

4. What questions do I have about this passage?

I really don't understand the parable of the Ten Minas. There are a lot of verses in this parable that just don't make sense to me. "God I need you to help me understand."

Those are my thoughts for this chapter. I'd love to hear yours. God's blessings to you and KEEP DIGGING IN!

In Christ,
Dan

image from http://hudsonpto.org/system/files/pictures/Teacher%20of%20the%20Year%20Logo.gif

No comments:

Post a Comment