Greeting

Welcome to Dan's Daily Dig, a personal journey to dig into the Bible one chapter a day and grow spiritually. The goal is to read and reflect on each chapter using the following four questions:

1. What stood out to me from this chapter?
2. How does this relate to any other Scripture I know?
3. What does this mean for my life?
4. What questions do I have about this passage?

This blog is intended to provide both accountability for me to keep pressing on in this quest, and an invitation for any reader to join me any day or everyday. Simply read the selected chapter (it only takes about 5 minutes), and then respond using any or all of the four questions. It's supposed to be simple, but I hope to learn from others as well. I plan to share the blog as well on my twitter feed daily, so follow @DanBoji if you want to get the alert to the blog's posting. You can also subscribe by e-mail or another RSS feed on the right side of the screen. God's blessings.

In Christ,
Dan

Tuesday, March 10, 2015

#Mark16 - Magnificent Sunrise

Click here to read Mark 16:

Apparently having another child takes time and energy. After 3 weeks I am finally remembering just how much. So I've missed a couple days of reading. I'm not going to let that stop me or deter me in any way from striving for a chapter a day. To capture the spirit of Dori from Finding Nemo, "Just keep digging!"

1. What stood out to me from this chapter?

Both chapter 15 and chapter 16 ironically start out "very early" in the morning on their respective days. When I think of very early, I have memories of waking up to see the sunrise. Now that I have kids I'm up almost everyday for the sunrise, and everyday it nearly takes my breath away. It's so beautiful, and it is different everyday. When the sun comes up, it chases the dark away and brings hope for a brand new day. When Jesus, Son of God, rose from the dead, he also sent the disciples to be the light of the world bringing the hope of the gospel message where they went. So whenever I see the sun rise, I remember the Son rising.

2. How does this relate to any other Scripture I know?

The resurrection account is also found in every other Gospel in the last chapter. But what caught my attention was this brief mention of how Jesus appeared to two of them while they were on the road. I'm sure this is referring in short about the "Road to Emmaus" story found in Luke 24.

3. What does this mean for my life?

For me, this chapter was just a really good chance to quiet my mind and be reminded of the good news of the gospel. This basic message that Christ has died, Christ is risen, and Christ will come again never gets old, and it is good to be reminded of.

4. What questions do I have about this passage?

It says that Mark 16:9-20 doesn't appear in some of the earliest manuscripts and dead sea scrolls. So I want to know why it doesn't.

Those are my thoughts for the day, I'd love to hear yours. KEEP DIGGING IN!

In Christ,
Dan

photo taken by Dan Antoine

No comments:

Post a Comment