Greeting

Welcome to Dan's Daily Dig, a personal journey to dig into the Bible one chapter a day and grow spiritually. The goal is to read and reflect on each chapter using the following four questions:

1. What stood out to me from this chapter?
2. How does this relate to any other Scripture I know?
3. What does this mean for my life?
4. What questions do I have about this passage?

This blog is intended to provide both accountability for me to keep pressing on in this quest, and an invitation for any reader to join me any day or everyday. Simply read the selected chapter (it only takes about 5 minutes), and then respond using any or all of the four questions. It's supposed to be simple, but I hope to learn from others as well. I plan to share the blog as well on my twitter feed daily, so follow @DanBoji if you want to get the alert to the blog's posting. You can also subscribe by e-mail or another RSS feed on the right side of the screen. God's blessings.

In Christ,
Dan

Monday, March 2, 2015

#Mark13 - No One Knows, But Everyone Will

Click here to read Mark 13:

1. What stood out to me from this passage?

In this chapter Jesus speaks of some signs of the end of the age. The disciples ask a very important question: "When will these things happen?" With a lot more detail Jesus replies with an answer very similar to this. "Nobody knows when I'm coming back. Not even me. If you have to ask if it's me returning, it's not me returning.  When I return, everyone will know. There will be no mistaking it. I'll be the one riding on the clouds with great power and glory when you hear the thunder and loud trumpet blasts." :)

2. How does this passage relate to any other Scripture I know?

Because the second coming will be swift and totally unexpected, Jesus teaches us that we are all supposed to be alert. Be ready. This kind of language reminds me of another Scripture verse in 1 Corinthians 16:13, "Be on your guard; stand firm in the faith; be courageous; be strong. " It also makes me think of the armor of God passage in Ephesians 6, where we are also told to be alert, stand form, and be ready.

3. What does this mean for my life?

When Jesus asked Peter James and John to pray for him in the Garden of Gethsemane, they each fell asleep. Jesus wasn't furious, just mostly disappointed. But I don't want to be like those disciples any more. I don't want to fall asleep and let down my guard in pursuing Christ.

4. What questions do I have about this chapter?

I have a lot of questions about the end times, but that's okay. My biggest question is will this happen before you come back, Jesus?


Those are my thoughts for the day. I'd love to hear yours. God bless

In Christ,
Dan

image from http://adventbirmingham.org/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/clouds.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment